A Brief History of Peterbilt
Peterbilt Motors Company is an American truck manufacturer that was founded in 1939. The company started off by manufacturing trucks for the Pacific Northwest in Tacoma, Washington for the lumber industry. Founder T.A. Peterman strived to find a truck that would take his inventory from his lumber mill quickly and efficiently. He then created the Model 334 and Model 260, both extremely durable trucks. During World War II, Peterbilt made the Model 364 for the military. After the war, Peterbilt grew and took on many new opportunities. The company updated many of its models with a bubble-nose and cab-over-engine design, resulting in the iconic red bubble logo design, and in 1958, Pacific Car & Foundry (PACCAR) bought Peterbilt. Throughout the 60s, new models such as the strong and lightweight Model 352, the classic Model 359, and the Peterbilt bird hood ornament, which had been recently introduced, were frequently seen. In the 80s, Peterbilt built a manufacturing facility in Denton, Texas, where its corporate headquarters is located today. From this point onward, Peterbilt expanded rapidly by creating new engines and models such as the famous Model 379 and Model 387. Today, Peterbilt is more than 80 years old and offers a wide variety of trucks to cater to many different needs.
Peterbilt offers many different on-highway trucks, vocational trucks, and medium-duty trucks. These include:
- 579: This on-highway truck is Peterbilt’s most aerodynamic truck. It has advanced predictive cruise control and a huge sleeper cabin.
- 389: The 389 is an on-highway truck that has the classic American highway truck design. It has Peterbilt’s advanced PACCAR MX-13 engine that helps save up to 4% in fuel economy.
- 567: The 567 is a heavy-duty truck that comes in many different configurations for your work needs.
- 520: This low cab forward truck will serve all your needs on the worksite with its durable aluminum cab and steel frame.
- 367: The 367 is a versatile heavy-duty truck that has all the latest features and great visibility.
- 365: The 365 is a durable and reliable truck that is used as a concrete mixing and transportation truck.
- 348: The 348 has custom configurations for all your work needs. It is efficient and comes with Peterbilt’s latest technology, such as SmartNav.
- 337: The 337 is a class 7 truck/tractor. It can be configured to be a wrecker, tanker, and more.
- 330: This medium-duty truck has a single axle that allows it to be extremely maneuverable.
- 325: The 325 is a Class 5 truck that can be used for delivery, landscaping, and more.
- 220: The 220 has a low cab forward design that makes the truck compact yet powerful for all your needs.
Your Quality Truck Repair Shop
If your Peterbilt truck needs any repairs, bring it to Bay State Truck Service Inc. in Springfield. Our Reliable technicians go through extensive truck repair training. At Bay State Truck Service Inc., our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your truck is taken care of with top-notch service efficiently and cost-effectively. We understand how important your truck is to your work life, so we will give your truck the best care possible that it deserves. Because of this, we have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 31 satisfied customers.
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
If you are in Springfield or the surrounding areas, feel free to give us a call at 413-543-5577 or go online at https://baystatetruckservice.com/ to schedule an appointment at Bay State Truck Service Inc. today! Bay State Truck Service Inc. - Excellent service with a personal touch-that's the Bay State Truck Service Promise!.